How to choose a domain name? . Find the perfect domain name.
SHORT - UNIQUE - BRANDABLE
All starts with a domain.
The key to creating an online presence is the domain name.
Choosing a domain name is similar to choosing a company name. Whether you have a new idea or an established business, the key to success online starts with a great domain name. Domain names can help you better connect with your audience in their language. Your domain name is your identity on the web; you want to make sure you choose a domain name that not only fits your business, but is also easy to find and promote.
At the beginning of 2012, ICANN launched an ambitious program aimed at implementing new generic Top-Level Domains (new gTLDs) on the Internet. In addition to the familiar .com, .net, .org extensions the new gTLD shall add another 500+ extensions (.web, .shop, .film, .blog) to the domain name space opening up a whole new world of opportunities.
Many of the new gTLDs will be much more relevant to your Business. 3 Ways to Use a Domain Name
geographic terms (e.g. .nyc, .madrid, . BCN .london)
generics (e.g., .shop, .blog, .film, .fashion., .sports)
brands that applied for a TLD in their own names.
With more than 1,500 new extensions to choose from, owners will be able to choose a domain from the new gTLDs that may be more specific to their interest or target audience; allowing them to optimize their marketing strategy as well as communication with clients.
Domain names have a massive impact all over the web in terms of click-through rate, from search to social media results, to referring links, to type-in traffic, brandability, offline advertising. There's a huge wealth of places that your domain name impacts your brand and your online marketing, and we can't ignore this.
What are the advantages of registering a new gTLD?
New gTLDs are essentially the same as the existing generic domains. There are several advantages of having one ngtld registered:
1. Memorability: New gTLDs will allow a business to specify clearly what it wishes to relate to, whether that may be a certain product or service, hobby, interest group, business, city, etc.
2. Local: It allows business to easily get recognized as a local company. For example, a business website using a .sidney extension lets everyone know where the store is physically located.
3. Visibility: Online visitors will instantly know what to expect from the website. For instance, visiting www.company.pizza will let you know right away that it is related to food. Another example, www.company.realestate is obviously related to real estates.
4. Branding: It allows for better branding and marketing. Companies don't have to settle with domain names that are either too long or non-related. They can choose domains that are truly relevant to their niche not to mention avoid paying a hefty price for less than 5-letter word domain names.
5: SEO: It allows for better search engine optimization (SEO). Google doesn't penalize websites that use gTLDs. In fact, your website will be recognized by Google as being the same as TLDs.
Which domain should I buy?
Thanks to TLD expansion, NeUdomains is bringing hundreds of new gTLD options to help you in your digital strategy.With more variety to choose from, brands now have more options to create a distinctive domain name that quickly communicates the purpose and value of their offering. Neudomains can assist and guide you through this in order to create a strategy to help you be aware when these domains goes live.
Review the applied-for strings and familiarize yourself with the available Rights Protection Mechanisms such as the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH).
Here are some questions to consider before you choose your domain:
1. Is there a TLD that’s relevant to your field?
2. Will a new TLD enable you to have a shorter, more memorable web address?. Shorter names are easier to remember and to type.
3. Will a new TLD help explain and exemplify what you do?
4. Will your domain name as a whole be distinct and memorable?
5 Tips Before You Buy a Domain Name
1. Buy domains that are easy to type and remember
2. Buy a domain that’s shorter rather than longer
3. Don’t buy trademarked domains
4. Don’t buy a domain name that’s too similar to an existing site
5. Don’t buy a domain name with hyphens
Consider Registering With Other TLD Extensions
Once you determine the domain name you like is available (mycompany.online), consider registering the same name but with other top-level domains (mycompany.tips, mycompany.tv, etc). Then redirect those extensions to the original domain name to help protect your brand in the future.
ONE LAST TIP!
When you find the right domain name for your business, make sure it is consistently used across social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We’re here to help.
If you’re still thinking in your perfect domain name, you can reach out to our support team, who are help you with your domain name registration.
Contact us to participate in launch phases including Sunrise, Landrush, and Pre-registration or send a request to email@example.com. You can find the full list of new TLDs that Neudomains offers here http://www.neudomains.com/en/ngtld/full-ngtld-list.